Posthumous Sermons (volume 1)

Paperback | February 6, 2012

byHenry Blunt

not yet rated|write a review
This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated.1844 Excerpt: ... SEEMON III. CHRIST THE FULNESS OF THE BELIEVER. Ephesians I. 22, 23. (part.) "The Head Over All Things To The Church, Which Is His Hody, The Fulness Of Him That Filleth All In All." The great and blessed truth revealed to us in the text, is not confined to this single passage of the Divine word, it is to be found propounded again and again; in the Epistle from which the text is taken; in the First Epistle to the Corinthians; and in the Epistle to the Colossians--sufficient evidence of its great and remarkable prominency in the teaching of the Spirit, and of its deep importance to the people of God. But then, brethren, it is to the people of God alone that it speaks. It contains nothing for the world; the nominal Christian, the mere outward member of our truly scriptural Church, the man attached to it by birth, or by accident, will find nothing in this high subject to gratify his curiosity, or to delight his taste, or even, I fear, to enlarge his knowledge; except it is by showing him that there are great and important truths in the religion he professes, of which he is at present utterly ignorant; for the blessed declarations before us will be to him a sealed treasure, while to the spiritually enlightened mind they are as plain, and as influential, as any to be found in the revelation of God. The truth in the text is conveyed by a very simple metaphor, which represents the Church of God, i. e., not merely our own national Church, which forms, however, we trust, one of its most beauteous members, but the whole family of believers throughout all time; those now in heaven, and those now on earth, and those who shall follow us, and fill up our places in the battle when we are enjoying the repose of the victory. It represents, I say, the whole Church of God, so ...

Pricing and Purchase Info

$27.95

Out of stock online

From the Publisher

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated.1844 Excerpt: ... SEEMON III. CHRIST THE FULNESS OF THE BELIEVER. Ephesians I. 22, 23. (part.) "The Head Over All Things To The Church, Which Is H...

Format:PaperbackDimensions:52 pages, 9.69 × 7.44 × 0.11 inPublished:February 6, 2012Publisher:General Books LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0217787886

ISBN - 13:9780217787888

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of Posthumous Sermons (volume 1)

Reviews