Posthumous Sermons (volume 3)

Paperback | October 12, 2012

byHenry Blunt

not yet rated|write a review
This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1846 edition. Excerpt: ... FOUR PASTORAL LETTERS BY THE REV. HENRY BLUNT, M.A. "In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good."--Eccles. xi. 6. FIRST PASTORAL LETTER. We need not bid, for cloistered cell, Our neighbours and our work farewell, Nor strive to wind ourselves too high, For sinful man beneath the sky: The trivial round, the common task, Will furnish all we ought to ask; Room to deny ourselves--a road To bring us daily nearer God. The Christian Year. My Dear Parishioners, The state of my health has been such, since my appointment to the spiritual charge of this parish, that I have been unable even to make the attempt to become personally acquainted with many among you; may I therefore take permission to address you thus upon a most important subject, which, if I were otherwise circumstanced, might perhaps, more appropriately form the tenour of oral communication. With immediate reference to the topic to which I allude, I would endeavour to express my own feelings towards all and each of you, by adopting the language of an apostle towards his brethren, "My heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be Saved." It is not, I hope, too much to say, that feeling this desire, I have no wish so near my heart, none which so entirely occupies my thoughts, and prayers, as to fulfil those duties, of which the same apostle to Timothy says, "In doing this thdu shalt both Save thyself and them that hear thee."f The work, then, which thus weighs upon my mind, is one which equally affects both people and ministers, viz. the Salvation Of Our Souls. Aided by Romans x. 1. f 1 Tim. iv. 16. those able and devoted men, my...

Pricing and Purchase Info

$27.95

Out of stock online

From the Publisher

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1846 edition. Excerpt: ... FOUR PASTORAL LETTERS BY THE REV. HENRY BLUNT, M.A. "In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold ...

Format:PaperbackDimensions:50 pages, 9.69 × 7.44 × 0.1 inPublished:October 12, 2012Publisher:General Books LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0217739482

ISBN - 13:9780217739481

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of Posthumous Sermons (volume 3)

Reviews