Preparatory Latin Compositon Volume 1

Paperback | October 12, 2012

byFrank Prescott Moulton

not yet rated|write a review
This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1896 edition. Excerpt: ...words or clauses, cf. II: 12: 4. CHAP. XXIX. i. Caesar now began to cut down all the woods and pile up the material so that no oneJ might attack him on 2 either side. 2. But, just as3 he was reaching4 the animals and baggage trains, violent5 storms came on, and6 he was obliged to stop 7 work. 3. And, when he saw that the enemy had now sought the denser woods, he ravaged their fields and put his army in winter quarters. 1. 105, d; H. 455,1; 6.543,4; cf. I: 5:8. 2. ab. 260, b; H. 434,1; G. 388, 2. 3. cum iam. assequor. violentus. 6. Avoid coordinate clauses by 7. using ut, or by using a participle or cum-clause for "came on." The Latin style often requires one verb with a participle or subordinate clause instead of two verbs, cf. 20: I. by necessity stopped. BOOK FOURTH. CHAP. I. i. The Suebians were so fond of war that they took from their territory a hundred thousand armed men every year. 2. These were supported by those1 who remained at home. 3. That neither agriculture nor the science of war might be interrupted, those 1 who were in arms one year remained at home the next. 4. And no one2 among them was allowed to dwell in one place more than a year. 5. They spent much time in hunting and brought themselves to thel habit of living on milk and meat, and did nothing at all2 against their wills. 6. They had no clothing except hides, and bathed4 in the coldest rivers. x. cf. Ill: 22: i. 209, b and 105, h; H. 310, 1, 2. "and no one," "and nothing at and 457; G. 482, 3. all "= and not any one, and not 3. Use ut with the subjunctive. anything. " Andnot"=neque. 4. i11, a, note; H.465; G. 210. CHAP. II. i. The Germans wanted to have somebody l to whom they might sell what they could export, and yet they never 2 imported much. 2. Wine they did not...

Pricing and Purchase Info

$19.95

Out of stock online

From the Publisher

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1896 edition. Excerpt: ...words or clauses, cf. II: 12: 4. CHAP. XXIX. i. Caesar now began to cut down all the woods and pile up the mate...

Format:PaperbackDimensions:34 pages, 9.69 × 7.44 × 0.07 inPublished:October 12, 2012Publisher:General Books LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0217741320

ISBN - 13:9780217741323

Customer Reviews of Preparatory Latin Compositon Volume 1

Reviews