Get the Funding You Need From Venture Capitalists and Turn Your New Business Proposal into Reality
Authoritative and comprehensive, Raising Venture Capital for the Serious Entrepreneur is an all-in-one sourcebook for entrepreneurs seeking venture capital from investors. This expert resource contains an unsurpassed analysis of the venture capital process, together with the guidance and strategies you need to make the best possible deal_and ensure the success of your business.
Written by a leading international venture capitalist, this business-building resource explores the basics of the venture capital method, strategies for raising capital, methods of valuing the early-stage venture, and techniques for negotiating the deal.
Filled with case studies, charts, and exercises, Raising Venture Capital for the Serious Entrepreneur explains:
- How to develop a financing map
- How to determine the amount of capital to raise and what to spend it on
- How to create a winning business plan
- How to agree on a term sheet with a venture capitalist
- How to split the rewards
- How to allocate control between founders/management and investors