Everyone's guide to protecting yourself from dishonest people, by the nation's most respected reference-check expert . .
Unqualified hires, abusive nannies, delinquent renters, dishonest contractors . . . in today's dog-eat-dog world, what readers don't know about the people they depend on can definitely hurt them. Written in plain, jargon-free English by Monster.com's reference expert, Reference Checking for Everyone tells managers, business owners, HR professionals, landlords, administrators, and even parents how to find everything they need to know about anyone.. .
Paul Barada covers every aspect of personal intel-gathering with a wealth of easy-to-access information on:.
- Choosing the best employees, tenants, nannies, service providers, and other key people .
- Navigating the complex legal issues--includes a waiver form and lists of questions that can and cannot be asked legally .
- Getting information quickly to avoid slowing down the hiring or rental process .
- Exposing liars and dealing with dishonest candidates, renters, and others .
- Obtaining in-depth history, even when confronted with "no comment" policies . . .