Simple and Inexpensive Renewable Energy Solutions for Your Home
It's not always easy being green, and sometimes it costs more than you'd expect to get an eco-friendly home improvement project up and running. Renewable Energies for Your Home gives you sustainable home energy solutions that won't drain your wallet or the power grid.
Get details on generating heat with biomass fuels and other ways to use biodiesel and ethanol in your home. You'll discover how to harness affordable wind power and soak up free solar energy. Filled with step-by-step instructions and helpful photos and illustrations, this hands-on guide will help you reduce your carbon footprint and increase your cash flow at the same time!
Renewable Energies for Your Home covers:
Energy savings and environmental benefits
Biomass fuels, including biodiesel, ethanol, used fryer oil, and wood
- Producing your own biodiesel without titration
- Assembling a biolight grill and fire starter
- Making bioburn-a firewood substitute
- Wind turbines
- Solar lighting, heating, water heating, and electric generation
- Building a solar heat collector
- Creating a wind/solar hybrid electric system