ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Reviewing Basic Grammar uses a step-by-step approach to combine an intense grammar review with an introduction to paragraph writing.
A variety of exercise types
—including self-editing, collaborative writing, and MyWritingLab (www.mywritinglab.com
) activities—are used to maintain students’ interest in the content.
A “Writing Paragraphs” section at the end of each chapter offers instruction on writing effective topic sentences and paragraphs.
“Writer's Tips” throughout the text provide practical advice for students on matters such as selecting the best dictionary, formatting papers, and so on.
A chapter review summarizes the grammar coverage in each chapter, reinforcing the material needed to improve.
An end-of-book “Checklist for the ESL Writers” addresses troublesome and confusing problems ESL students encounter with a new language.
- The in-chapter exercises provide additional opportunities for practice and review based on topics of compelling interest.
- Chapter Review Tests offer feedback to alert students to the areas in which they would benefit from more practice.
- The rule explanations and term definitions are extremely accessible and simple to follow allowing students to bolster their understanding of the instruction and content.
- Exercises that integrate grammar and sentence writing at the end of every chapter demonstrate how grammar knowledge enhances writing skills.
- MyWritingLab links direct students to additional practice opportunities at Pearson’s robust online practice resource MyWritingLab.
- “Language Tips” boxes in every chapter provide more help to students whose first language is not English, and complement the “Checklist for ESL Writers.”
0321921518 / 9780321921512 Reviewing Basic Grammar Plus NEW MyWritingLab with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
020524730X / 9780205247301 Reviewing Basic Grammar
0205870147 / 9780205870141 NEW MyWritingLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card