Riot: Mayhem Series #2

Mass Market Paperback | March 17, 2015

byJamie Shaw

not yet rated|write a review

When Dee Dawson meets sexy mohawked guitarist Joel Gibbon, she knows it won't be long before she has him wrapped around her finger. No guy has ever been able to resist her … but Dee's met her match in a player like Joel.

Dee's not the relationship type—not after seeing the pain "love" has caused her friends and family—yet she's desperate to make Joel want her more than anyone else. He quickly becomes an obsession, and when a reckless attempt to make him jealous ends in disaster, Dee turns into the damsel in distress she never wanted to be. With her carefree world crashing down around her, the last thing she needs is Joel's pity.

But Joel is suddenly determined to prove he cares, and no matter how hard Dee tries to push him away, he refuses to let her shut him out. Now the girl who swore she'd never say those three little words must choose between guarding her heart and losing Joel forever … or falling head over heels for the tattooed rock star of her dreams.

Pricing and Purchase Info

$7.26 online
$8.50 list price (save 14%)
In stock online
Ships free on orders over $25
Prices may vary. why?
Please call ahead to confirm inventory.

From the Publisher

When Dee Dawson meets sexy mohawked guitarist Joel Gibbon, she knows it won't be long before she has him wrapped around her finger. No guy has ever been able to resist her … but Dee's met her match in a player like Joel.Dee's not the relationship type—not after seeing the pain "love" has caused her friends and family—yet she's desperat...

Born and raised in South Central Pennsylvania, Jamie Shaw earned her M.S. in Professional Writing before realizing that the creative side of writing was her calling. An incurable night-owl, she spends late hours crafting novels with relatable heroines and swoon-worthy leading men. She's a loyal drinker of white mochas, a fierce defende...

other books by Jamie Shaw

Peruvian Power Foods: 18 Superfoods, 101 Recipes, and Anti-aging Secrets from the Amazon to the…
Peruvian Power Foods: 18 Superfoods, 101 Recipes, and A...

Paperback|Oct 1 2013

$20.95 online$28.95list price(save 27%)
Chaos: Mayhem Series #3
Chaos: Mayhem Series #3

Mass Market Paperback|Aug 18 2015

$8.50

Mayhem: Mayhem Series #1
Mayhem: Mayhem Series #1

Mass Market Paperback|Mar 3 2015

$7.68 online$8.50list price(save 9%)
see all books by Jamie Shaw
Format:Mass Market PaperbackDimensions:384 pages, 6.75 × 4.19 × 0.96 inPublished:March 17, 2015Publisher:HarperCollinsLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0062379674

ISBN - 13:9780062379672

Customer Reviews of Riot: Mayhem Series #2

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Fun! Fun "new adult" book by new author Jamie Shaw. Second book in series, but can be read as a stand alone. I enjoyed it so much, I went back and read the first book - "Mayhem." Deals with some serious, but relevant subjects. I liked it!
Date published: 2015-04-22
Rated 4 out of 5 by from 3.5 Stars I definitely wasn't as fond of this book as I was of the first in the series. This is mostly due to the characters. I really enjoyed Rowan and Adam's story in Mayhem on part because I was really able to connect with Rowan's character. I didn't find that same connection in this book with Dee. I'm not a huge fan of Dee's character. I liked her as Rowan's side kick in Mayhem, but I wasn't fond of an entire story about her. Both Dee and Joel are very complicated characters. And, honestly, they both pissed me off through the majority of the novel. I hated their choices and the way they handled things. I understand why Jamie Shaw had them act the way they did, but I still didn't like it. Having said that, I enjoyed the book as a whole. I was able to become fully captivated and get right into the story. As with the first book, the writing was pretty weak, but Jamie Shaw is still a new author. She has the ability to captivate readers and the romance is always good so far. It's just a bit of an immature writing style.
Date published: 2015-02-13

Extra Content

Editorial Reviews

“Ms. Shaw is so in sync with the characters’ personalities that she was able to write RIOT in a tone that fits Dee and Joel [...] they are captivating characters; their story is exciting and rings true. [...] RIOT is a tremendously emotional read, and simply put: a great book!”