Rollo In Switzerland Volume 3

Paperback | October 12, 2012

byJacob Abbott

not yet rated|write a review
This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1864 edition. Excerpt: ...the floor. There was The breakfast room. no carpet; but the floor was formed of dark wood highly polished, and was very beautiful. There was a fireplace in one corner of this room; but there was no fire in it. No fire was necessary; for it was a warm and pleasant morning. On the front side of the room was a row of windows looking out towards the road. On the back side was a door opening to another large room, where Rollo saw a table spread and several people sitting at it eating their breakfast. "Ah," said Rollo, " there is the dining room I I will go in there and see what we can have for breakfast." So he walked through the drawing room and entered the room beyond. He found that this inner room was quite a spacious apartment; and there were one or two long tables extending the whole length of it. There were various separate parties sitting at these tables taking breakfast. Some were just beginning. Some had just ended. Some were waiting for their breakfast to be brought in. Near where Rollo was standing two gentlemen were seated at the table, with a map of Switzerland spread before them; and, instead of being occupied with breakfast, they were planning some excursion for the day. Rollo's breakfast. Honey. Rollo looked out a vacant place at the table and took his seat. A waiter came to him to know what he would have. "I want breakfast for two," said Rollo, " my uncle and myself. What have you got for us?" The waiter repeated a long list of very nice things that he could give Rollo and his uncle for breakfast. From among these Rollo chose a beef steak, some hot rolls and butter, some honey, /and some coffee. The waiter went out to prepare them. In about ten minutes Mr. George came down. He took his seat by the side of Rollo; and very soon...

Pricing and Purchase Info

$19.95

Out of stock online

From the Publisher

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1864 edition. Excerpt: ...the floor. There was The breakfast room. no carpet; but the floor was formed of dark wood highly polished, and ...

Format:PaperbackDimensions:44 pages, 9.69 × 7.44 × 0.09 inPublished:October 12, 2012Publisher:General Books LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0217983766

ISBN - 13:9780217983761

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of Rollo In Switzerland Volume 3

Reviews