For most Canadians, an RRSP is the only personal pension plan they will ever have. As employer-sponsored plans become increasingly rare outside the public sector, we must rely on our own savings and money management skills to ensure a comfortable lifestyle after retirement.
This comprehensive guide by bestselling financial author Gordon Pape provides the secrets to building a winning RRSP—everything from setting up the right kind of plan at the outset to proven strategies that will enable you to grow your RRSP over time to a value of several hundred thousand dollars. And all the while, you’ll be collecting sizeable tax refunds for every contribution you make.
This is a must-read book for everyone who cares about providing a comfortable future for themselves and their families. Inside you'll find information on
• how to choose a plan that’s right for your needs
• tips for selecting the best RRSP investments
• the most common RRSP mistakes and how to avoid them
• little-known RRSP strategies
• how to build successful portfolios
• deciding between an RRSP and a TFSA
• when to use the Home Buyers’ Plan
• transitioning to an RRIF