For most Canadians, an RRSP is the only personal pension plan they will ever have.
As employer-sponsored plans become increasingly rare outside the public sector, we
must rely on our own savings and money management skills to ensure a comfortable
lifestyle after retirement.
This comprehensive guide by bestselling financial author Gordon Pape provides the
secrets to building a winning RRSP—everything from setting up the right kind of
plan at the outset to proven strategies that will enable you to grow your RRSP over
time to a value of several hundred thousand dollars. And all the while, you’ll be collecting
sizeable tax refunds for every contribution you make.
This is a must-read book for everyone who cares about providing a comfortable future
for themselves and their families. Some of the key things you’ll learn include:
• How to choose a plan that’s right for your needs
• Tips for selecting the best investments
• The most common mistakes and how to avoid them
• Little-known strategies
• How to build successful portfolios
• Deciding between an RRSP and a TFSA
• When to use the Home Buyers’ Plan
• Transitioning to an RRIF