Newly revised, this is the most up-to-date, practical guide ever published for women runners of every level
Today, women make up more than half of the nations runners. And, as more and more women have hit the roads and trails and laced up for 5-Ks and marathons, the research showing the effects of running on the female body has grown significantly, too.
The truth is that even though the gap between men's and women's world best times is shrinking, the latest scientific evidence shows that running is a dramatically different experience for women than menphysically, mentally, and emotionally.
That's why it's time for an expert guide created especially for women runners. Introducing the Runner's World Complete Book of Women's Running
. Inside, it's chock-full of brand-new tips, the latest research, and contributions from more than 100 experts, addressing all of the special needs of women runners, including:
- Train for any race, from a 5K to a marathon
- Eat nutritiously and for maximum energy
- Lose weight permanently
- Deal with self-consciousness and body image
- Run during pregnancy and through menopause
- Choose the best clothes and accessories
- Run anywhere safely
- Prevent and treat injuries, especially those that women are most likely to encounter