In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself Xcode 4 in 24 Hours will help you achieve breakthrough productivity with Apple’s new Xcode 4.3+ development environment for OS X and iOS devices. Every lesson introduces new concepts and builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Xcode 4 development tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Printed in full color–figures and code appear as they do in Xcode 4.3+
- Master the MVC design pattern at the heart of iOS and OS X development
- Use Xcode project templates to get a head start on advanced application features
- Efficiently use the Xcode Code Editor and get fast, contextually-aware answers with the built-in help system
- Use iOS Storyboards to visually describe an application’s workflow
- Get started with Core Data to simplify data management and data-driven user interfaces
- Use frameworks and libraries to package functionality and promote time-saving code reuse
- Use Git and Subversion source control for managing distributed projects
- Prepare Unit tests and use the Xcode debugger to keep your projects error free
- Package your apps for the App Store
- Use the command-line Xcode tools for scripting and build automation