Sensorimotor Control and Learning is a groundbreaking text that provides a uniquely integrated treatment of sensory and motor processes, reflecting the latest research trends in both neuromotor control and the perceptual sciences. Richly illustrated and
written in a clear and concise manner, the book emphasizes the intimate links between sensory and motor processes, providing an integrated view of perception and action.
Features of the book:
• Emphasis on the multidisciplinary nature of the subject, which makes the text useful for a wide variety of readers
• A rigorous and thorough account of how motor behaviors are controlled, coordinated, and changed
• Numerous real-world examples relating to everyday experience
• The latest research in the field, including a unique introductory treatment of control theory
• Boxes highlighting and explaining more than 100 key terms, definitions and concepts throughout the text
• Essential background material on neuroscience, biomechanics and engineering, making it a self-contained book for students
• Over 600 high-quality illustrations by the author
Sensorimotor Control and Learning is an indispensable resource for students of kinesiology and psychology, as well as students of other disciplines such as human factors, biomedical engineering, physiotherapy, and the neurosciences.