Series Of Unfortunate Events #3: The Wide Window Cd: The Wide Window Cd

Audio Book (CD) | June 17, 2003

byLemony Snicket

not yet rated|write a review

Dear Listener,

I am sorry to say that the lives of the Baudelaire orphans, Violet, Klaus and Sunny, are filled with bad luck and misery. All of the stories about these three children are unhappy and wretched, and the one you are holding may be the worst of them all.

If you haven't got the stomach for a story that includes a hurricane, hungry leeches, cold cucumber soup and a doll named Pretty Penny, then this audio will probably fill you with despair.

I also shouldn't mention the interactive features of the CD, which include:

• A perplexing word game
  • Photos from The Lemony Snicket Archives
  • Art from The Brett Helquist gallery

I will continue to record these tragic tales for that is what I do. You should decide for yourself if you can possibly endure this miserable story.

With all due respect,

Lemony Snicket

Pricing and Purchase Info

$31.99

Ships within 1-2 weeks
Ships free on orders over $25

From the Publisher

Dear Listener,I am sorry to say that the lives of the Baudelaire orphans, Violet, Klaus and Sunny, are filled with bad luck and misery. All of the stories about these three children are unhappy and wretched, and the one you are holding may be the worst of them all.If you haven't got the stomach for a story that includes a hurricane, hu...

Lemony Snicket is often despondent, mostly about his published research, which includes A Series of Unfortunate Events and The Composer Is Dead.

other books by Lemony Snicket

A Series Of Unfortunate Events Box: The Complete Wreck (books 1-13)
A Series Of Unfortunate Events Box: The Complete Wreck ...

Hardcover|Oct 13 2006

$147.63 online$195.00list price(save 24%)
The Dark
The Dark

Hardcover|Apr 2 2013

$18.04 online$19.99list price(save 9%)
see all books by Lemony Snicket
Format:Audio Book (CD)Published:June 17, 2003Publisher:HarperCollinsLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0060566159

ISBN - 13:9780060566159

Appropriate for ages: 9 - 12

Customer Reviews of Series Of Unfortunate Events #3: The Wide Window Cd: The Wide Window Cd

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing! My favorite in the series
Date published: 2016-12-08
Rated 4 out of 5 by from great good plot
Date published: 2016-12-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by from awsome book This book was good its about Count Olaf and the bauldaire children . Count Olaf wants therpir fourtune and the hook handed man is the doctor
Date published: 2015-04-05
Rated 3 out of 5 by from "A Good Story" The Wide Window is the third installment in A Series of Unfortunate Events, the book is more scary then the first two books and I found that it wasn't the best book in the series since it took a little to get started unlike the other two books that picked up right where they left off, this book kind of was a bit boring for the first couple chapters, but still, I'd buy It due to the lack of more horrifying stuff (like leeches)! TheBookReviewer
Date published: 2013-06-16
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Spectacular Book! This Book, The Wide Window is from the series: A Series Of Unfortunate Events, By: Lemony Snicket. On a scale from 1 (negative)-5 (positive), I would give this book series a 4.5. Here are some links to some other reviews on this product: http://www.amazon.com/Series-Unfortunate-Events-Wide-Window/product-reviews/0439759064/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/Home/Books/a-series-of-unfortunate-events/9780064407687-AllReviews.html http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/438492.The_Wide_Window Some of the best things about these books (the pros) are firstly, it is from a series, so in the store until your done that series instead of having trouble finding a book, you know what book to get right away. Secondly, it has a ton of descriptive words. Thirdly, it has all kinds of different genres. Fourthly, it’s in third person's point of view. Lastly,at some points the author is actually talking to you, which I found was very interesting. The only bad thing I can name about this book (the con) is, it is a very sad, depressing book. Even though the point of this book is to have only unfortunate events, I think there should be happy endings. Although I thought it was a very sad depressing book some people like those kinds of books. I think people who like mystery or tragedy books would like this book best. There are many genres to this book, but these two are the main ones. I think the age group for this book is 8-12. I think The Wide Window is one of the best books I’ve ever read.
Date published: 2013-05-01
Rated 3 out of 5 by from unfortunate events continue After their uncle's death the Baudelaires are moved to their Aunt Josephine's who lives on the top of a cliff looking down on the sea. She is scared of everything including the water below her home. Soon after being intrusted to Josephine's care she becomes infatuated with a pirate by the name of Captain Sham. Personally, I don't understand why anyone would be infatuated by a pirate that isn't in the form of Johnny Depp but each to their own. In the end, this admiration became a fatal attraction minus Glen Close. Aunt Josephine is also obsessed with proper grammar and sometimes the book felt like a messed up English lesson, although grammatical errors played an important part of the story later. I really enjoyed this one, the premise was so looney (looneyer than the first two anyway). I also appreciate the proper grammar segments, such as when to use who and whom. Mr. Poe, the man who is in charge of the desired inheritance until Violet comes of age is starting to irk me. Are people really that blind? I think he's almost as bad as Olaf as he is partly responsible for putting the children into these nasty situations. But then again if everything was hunky dory we would have a story would we?
Date published: 2012-10-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Surprised and impressed This book the third is great now that the baudelaire again changed gardian because there other gardian called Montgomery montgomery was killed by Count Olaf again a terrible selfish monster men. Now they need to move on with another gardian now a women called Aunt josephine who is scared of everything. They will need to live with her far away from there old town. Will count olaf desguised again to steel their fortune? you will need to read the book to know.
Date published: 2008-12-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from absolutely great for all ages the wide window is a wonderful well-thought book written by lemony Snicket. i would recommend it to anybody who can read. once you get started on your journey, you can not put the book down. i have been reading the series, and so far it has been the best. i cant say so because they are all so far so good. i will definitely read the series over when i am done. and keep all of them. have fun reading them!
Date published: 2008-06-16
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Weaker Than the First Two but Still Good The Baudelaire orphans are sent to live with their Aunt Josephine, who lives in a house precariously built on the edge of the cliff. Aunt Josephine has a penchant for grammar and a fear of pretty much everything. Count Olaf appears in disguise and the children must convince all the grown-ups that he is after them once again. With this third book the repetitive plot is established and I'm fairly certain each future book will have the same scenario. However, there is something charming about the repetition and the children as characters have grown dear to our hearts. This book is indeed the weaker of the three we've read so far. The grammar jokes and puzzles went over the 7yo's head and it grew old fast for me but we chuckled over the old lady's fears and the action-packed climax was an exciting read. There were several parts that sent the 7yo into giggle fits and we both felt a little teary-eyed leaving the orphans in their unfortunate circumstances once again at the end.
Date published: 2008-02-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by from YOU DONE IT AGAIN LEMONY SNICKET! [That's a good thing!] I don't know why people would think his books would be horrible? They are a really great heart stopper! If your the kind of person that loves mysterys, betrail and the love of hanging on to every chapter wondering what will happen next well THIS IS THE BOOK FOR YOU!!!!!!!!
Date published: 2008-01-27
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Very VERY INTERESTING! I thought the book was very interesting. Most of the book was really sad,I really liked the book though.It could have been better in a few spots, but overall that was the second best book I've read so far!
Date published: 2005-08-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Wide Window. Well, I first saw the first in November 2004 and it didnt look interesting. Yes, I judged a book by its cover. But after i saw the movie starring, Jim Carrey, Jude Law, Emily Browning, Liam Aiken, Shelby/Kara Hoffman, i liked it, so i read the first and second, and ordered the rest. I liked this one though because it was VERY interesting with the note from Aunt Joe, and much more. Fellow readers, if your looking for a good mystery book, get A Series of Unfortunate Events P.S. youll like the third
Date published: 2005-04-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from the best book ever!!!!!!!!!!!!1 This was the best book of the whole series! I loved when the three Baudelaires had to sail threw a big hurracaine to save Aunt Josephine! I suggest strongly that you read this book!
Date published: 2005-01-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The Wide Window In my opinion, The Wide Window was the best book out of the whole series. I think Aunt Josephine is hilarious! I can't wait for the movie to come out.
Date published: 2004-11-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Series of Unfortunate Events the Wide Window I have to share my love of these books with everyone! This and all the other books in the series are totally amazing!!! I highly recomend you read them all.
Date published: 2001-10-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from the bad beginning this book is great!!! why I have 5 reasons 1 it is funny 2 it is execiting 3 it has twests and turns 4 the children have smart idies 5 if there is hard words he will explain it. I think this book is number 1!!!
Date published: 2001-04-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing, exotic, exciting, and LEMONY! This book is THE BEST BOOK I'VE EVER READ! It is exciting and funny. I like how Lemony explains what words mean that you might not know. 5 STARS!
Date published: 2000-12-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The Morbid Baudelaires But, as midly morbid as this book happens to be, it's still an amazing read! Another gaurdian, another disaster, another brush with death, and worse, Count Olaf, and there you have it! Read past the discouraging front pages and back cover, and you find a delightful tale of woe. They outwit all the grown-ups, and try to save people, but just their luck, it never seems to work. They just get away from falling-down houses, boat-rental owners, and a lakeful of leeches with an aunt who ate a banana. These books are written in an interesting style, and have an interesting plot to boot, and put together it makes a really wonderful book. Don't believe the back.
Date published: 2000-08-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from good job lemony sniket! I think that this book is very well published and that he should recieve an award of going so deeply into a child's heart!!!! LEMONY SNIKET #1!
Date published: 2000-06-11