Shadowmagic (Shadowmagic, Book 1)

byJohn Lenahan

Kobo ebook | August 6, 2009

Pricing and Purchase Info

$9.99

Available for download

Not available in stores

about

A Lord of the Rings for the 21st century. Only a lot shorter. And funnier. And completely different. Conor thought he was an average teenager. OK, so his father only had one hand, spoke to him in ancient languages and was a bit on the eccentric side but, other than that, life was fairly normal. Until, that is, two Celtic warriors on horseback and wearing full armour appear at his front door and try to kill him. After that, things get pretty weird. Shadowmagic is a fantasy adventure for young adults (although grown ups will like it too). Written by one of the most popular magicians in the country it brings a fresh approach to the genre and will have a broad appeal beyond the fantasy sections.
Title:Shadowmagic (Shadowmagic, Book 1)Format:Kobo ebookPublished:August 6, 2009Publisher:HARPERCOLLINS PUBLISHERSLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0007341059

ISBN - 13:9780007341054

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from A wonderful fantasy world I'd definitely recommend reading. Great way for the mind to escape.
Date published: 2014-02-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Emotionally charged reading With a journey of words that manifests a mixture or real emotions this book will have you feeling sadness to laughing out loud while the room looks at you wondering what's so funny. You won't care as you move to the next word immersed in your own private world of wonder. Read it.
Date published: 2013-12-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing Story This is an unbelievable novel based loosely on Irish Mythology. The story begins with Conor and his father being taken from the "real world" to the Land of Tir Na Nogh, the land of the fairies of Irish Mythology. And it only gets better from there! The characters are vivid and endearing making them easy for readers to identify with. The story moves quickly keeping readers entertained and has just enough comedy to keep the serious undertones from being overwhelming. I'm not sure I'd recommend it for young readers but the story will appeal to just about everyone.
Date published: 2008-06-28