Somewhere Inside: One Sister’s Captivity in North Korea and the Other’s Fight to Bring…

Paperback | May 24, 2011

byLaura Ling

not yet rated|write a review

Somewhere Inside is the electrifying, never-before-told story of Laura Ling’s capture by the North Koreans in March 2009, and the efforts of her sister, journalist Lisa Ling, to secure Laura’s release by former President Bill Clinton. This riveting true account of the first ever trial of an American citizen in North Korea’s highest court carries readers deep inside the world’s most secretive nation while it poignantly explores the powerful, inspiring bonds of sisterly love.<_o3a_p>

Pricing and Purchase Info

$14.01 online
$19.99 list price (save 29%)
In stock online
Ships free on orders over $25
Prices may vary. why?
Please call ahead to confirm inventory.

From the Publisher

Somewhere Inside is the electrifying, never-before-told story of Laura Ling’s capture by the North Koreans in March 2009, and the efforts of her sister, journalist Lisa Ling, to secure Laura’s release by former President Bill Clinton. This riveting true account of the first ever trial of an American citizen in North Korea’s highest cou...

From the Jacket

On March 17, 2009, while filming a documentary on the Chinese–North Korean border, Laura Ling and her colleague Euna Lee were violently apprehended by North Korean soldiers, charged with trespassing and "hostile acts," and imprisoned by Kim Jong Il's notoriously secretive Communist state. Kept totally apart, they endured months of inte...

Laura Ling is host and correspondent forE! Investigates. Previously she was vice president of Current TV's investigative journalism seriesVanguard.

other books by Laura Ling

Format:PaperbackDimensions:352 pages, 8 × 5.31 × 0.79 inPublished:May 24, 2011Publisher:HarperCollinsLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0062000683

ISBN - 13:9780062000682

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of Somewhere Inside: One Sister&#8217;s Captivity in North Korea and the Other&#8217;s Fight to Bring Her Home

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Somewhere... Very good book!
Date published: 2014-06-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from LOVE! I absolutely love this book, and read it often. Both of the Ling sisters have a beautiful way with words, I could image every detail they were describing. After finishing this book, I've become so much more aware of similar stories to this one and what I can do to help.
Date published: 2013-02-17

Extra Content

Editorial Reviews

"Laura Ling's literal and metaphorical journey into the vortex of darkness in North Korea, her sister Lisa's struggle staring at it through the looking glass from half a world away, and their joint effort to bring Laura home demonstrates the true power of love and spirit in innumerable ways.Theirs is a page-turning account of not only international geo-politics, sisterhood, and familial triumph, but also a portrait of humanity at its best." (Deepak Chopra)