It's time for a new approach to learning Spanish verbs. Unlike popular verb guides that require the rote memorization of hundreds of verb forms, this book clearly explains the rules that govern the conjugation of all classes of Spanish verbs—especially the irregular ones that give second-language learners the most trouble. These simple, easy-to-understand rules for conjugating Spanish verbs are effective learning tools for both beginning students and more advanced speakers who want to perfect their usage of Spanish verb forms.
Spanish Verbs Made Simple(r) has many helpful features that you won't find in any other verb guide:
- Clear explanations of all verb tenses and forms.
- The simple rules that govern the conjugation of all verbs—including the 90% of irregular verbs whose irregularities are entirely predictable.
- A detailed discussion of how each verb form is used, with numerous examples.
- A full explanation of the distinction between ser and estar—the single most confusing element in the Spanish verbal system.
- An extended treatment of the subjunctive that will help you understand why it is used in some situations but not others.
- Conjugations for 35 model Spanish verbs and a comprehensive listing of 4,800 verbs that indicates which of the models each verb follows.
Going well beyond any other guide in the clarity and detail of its explanations—as well as the innovative manner in which individual verbs are linked to model conjugations—Spanish Verbs Made Simple(r) is the only guide to Spanish verbs a learner needs.