Special Edition Using Microsoft® Expression® Web 2
The only EXPRESSION WEB 2 book you need
The successor to the best-selling book on the first release of Microsoft Expression Web, this book provides comprehensive coverage of Microsoft Expression Web 2. You’ll learn the basics of Web design and Expression Web 2 and gain valuable insight into Expression Web 2’s advanced features, such as ASP.NET and PHP development. If you’re interested in learning how to design standards-compliant Web sites using Expression Web 2, this is the only book you need.
• Create standards-compliant Web sites with Expression Web 2 that work consistently in all browsers.
• Become proficient in the use of CSS by learning how to use the powerful CSS tools in Expression Web 2.
• Learn how to take advantage of ASP.NET and ASP.NET AJAX without writing any code.
• Learn how to use the new PHP features available in Expression Web 2.
• Add dynamic, interactive content with Behaviors and Layers.
• Design your Web site for accessibility using both Section 508 and WCAG compliance.
“Expression Web was built to help web authors create standards-based and standards-compliant web sites. Jim Cheshire has a broad understanding of those standards and a deep appreciation of Expression Web. Put the two together and you’ve got a guide that helps you understand and build sites that meet the challenges of modern Web design.”
Product Unit Manager,
Jim Cheshire is the owner of Jimco Software, a freeware software company and technology review site, and is the author of several books on Web development and ASP.NET. Jim has been heavily involved in Web development for more than a decade and has operated and designed many Web sites during that time. He’s been featured in numerous publications, including MSDN Magazine and PC Magazine. Jim previously worked on the FrontPage team at Microsoft and currently is an escalation engineer on the ASP.NET and IIS teams.
Category: Web Development
Covers Microsoft Expression Web 2
User Level Beginning—Advanced
On the CD-ROM
• Sample files from the author
• FREE! full version of Logo Creator (retail value of $39.95)
• FREE! full version of DHTML Menu Builder Lite (retail value of $25)
• Electronic version of this book in Adobe’s Portable Document Format (PDF)
Cover image: Digital Vision Photography/Veer Inc.