byPeter David

Kobo ebook | May 25, 2004

Pricing and Purchase Info

$8.99

Prices and offers may vary in store

Available for download

Not available in stores

about

**Follow the adventures of one of the greatest superheroes of all time in the official novelization of the major motion picture! **

Two years have passed, and Peter Parker struggles to cope with the demands of life as a college student, a Daily Bugle photographer, and a crime-fighting superhero. But it hasn’t gotten any easier. Condemned by the press, tormented by secrets he can never reveal, forced to give up the girl of his dreams—at times the lonely burden of Spider-Man seems almost too great to bear . . . and the temptation to give up grows stronger by the hour.

Enter the archfiend Doc Ock, armed with a lethal invention powerful enough to destroy half the city. If Spider-Man tries to stop Doc Ock, he’ll be placing the lives of those closest to him in mortal danger. If he doesn’t, it could be the end of the Big Apple. With millions of lives hanging in the balance, high about Manhattan’s glittering skyline, Spider-Man confronts his destiny, his fiercest enemy, and himself.

Title:Spider-Man 2Format:Kobo ebookPublished:May 25, 2004Publisher:Random House Publishing GroupLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0345478754

ISBN - 13:9780345478757

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from One of the Best Movie Tie-Ins!! Although this novel was based on the movie, the book's greatness dramatically surprised me in the most pleasant sense. Mr. David explored the thoughts and feelings of Spidey himself in such a manner that the movie could not have portrayed no matter how good of an actor Tobey is. In this novel, we do not really see Spider-Man as a "super-man"; what we DO see is a mortal--a boy-- who attempts to atone for his "sin" (a robbery that led to the death of his beloved uncle) by bearing the heavy responsibility of bringing justice to the streets of Manhattan (sp?). Again, to emphasize on the greatness of the novel, Mr. Peter David not only tells the story of Peter Parker, but he invites the readers to LIVE the life of Peter/Spider-Man. I begin to question myself when I finished the novel: How can I amend for what I've done (letting the robber get away) if I were Spider-Man if I do not believe Peter's way is the best way? Am I brave enough to bear the responsibility of punishing the wrong? Before I overanalyze Spider-Man (I probably did so already), whoever's reading my comment should just go and pick up this book. =D
Date published: 2008-03-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from The Book, The Movie, It's All The Same: Awesome! this is a great novelization of the movie. if u really liked the movie, buy this book, no questions asked.
Date published: 2002-11-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Spider-man This is a great book filled with action. It is good for all ages.
Date published: 2002-10-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by from it'll WRAP u in it's webs. YYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! I found a novel that is actually exciting, understandable, well written in terms of today's grammar,and it has quite some humor! *****!!!!! VERY DESCRIPTIVE and thrilling, just like the film, which is also worth a ***** (five stars) hehe! READ IT TODAY! U'LL LUV IT!
Date published: 2002-07-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Who am I? I'm Spider-man! This is an amazing novel like the movie itself! 5*****!!!!! Action packed book with Peter Parker! A must buy book!
Date published: 2002-06-24

From the Author

Follow the adventures of one of the greatest superheroes of all time in the official novelization of the major motion picture!Two years have passed, and Peter Parker struggles to cope with the demands of life as a college student, a Daily Bugle photographer, and a crime-fighting superhero. But it hasn’t gotten any easier. Condemned by the press, tormented by secrets he can never reveal, forced to give up the girl of his dreams—at times the lonely burden of Spider-Man seems almost too great to bear . . . and the temptation to give up grows stronger by the hour.Enter the archfiend Doc Ock, armed with a lethal invention powerful enough to destroy half the city. If Spider-Man tries to stop Doc Ock, he’ll be placing the lives of those closest to him in mortal danger. If he doesn’t, it could be the end of the Big Apple. With millions of lives hanging in the balance, high about Manhattan’s glittering skyline, Spider-Man confronts his destiny, his fiercest enemy, and himself.