A complete hands-on guide to today's spinal and epidural anesthesia practice
A Doody's Core Title!
Keeping up with the growing application of spinal and epidural anesthesia calls for a highly practical text--one that gives you a solid footing in this increasingly dynamic specialty. Spinal and Epidural Anesthesia is just such a resource. Concise and authoritative, it puts you in touch with the latest developments in neuraxial anesthesia, encompassing physiology, pharmacology, techniques, indications, complications, and patient safety-related issues.
Spinal and Epidural Anesthesia begins with an instructive look at spinal cord and verterbral canal anatomy, as well as key techniques of neuraxial analgesia. It then goes on to cover the full spectrum of current neuraxial anesthesia procedures--everything from spinal anesthesia to integrated epidural-general anesthesia for major orthopedic, pediatric, and ambulatory surgery.
- Comprehensive, completely up-to-date coverage of spinal and epidural anesthesia for all surgical subspecialties, supported by numerous tables, lists, and other summary features
- Patient/medication safety sidebars in each chapter that highlight key points
- An essential chapter on the pharmacology of drugs used for spinal/epidural analgesia/anesthesia
- A chapter detailing the physiologic effects of neuraxial analgesia
- An emphasis on the contraindications, side effects, and complications associated with neuraxial analgesia
- Informative review of equipment for spinal, epidural, caudal, and combined spinal-epidural procedures