Pricing and Purchase Info

$16.57 online 
$18.95 list price save 12%
Earn 83 plum® points

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Not available in stores

about

A Theodor Seuss Geisel Honor Book.Stinky is a monster who loves pickles and possums but is terrified of people. This hilarious and heartwarming story by ferociously talented cartoonist Eleanor Davis proves that even monsters can make new friends . . . warts and all!
Eleanor Davis grew up in Tucson, Arizona. Instead of going out in the hot sun to play and make friends, she stayed alone in her room, drawing. She started working on Stinky, her first published children's book, while still a student at the Savannah College of Art and Design. Now, only 25 years old, she's widely praised as one of the co...
You & A Bike & A Road
You & A Bike & A Road

by Eleanor Davis

$16.08$17.50

In stock online

Not available in stores

How To Be Happy
How To Be Happy

by Eleanor Davis

$30.60$32.50

Out of stock online

Available in stores

Now 1
Now 1

by Eleanor Davis

$11.52$12.95

Pre-order online

Not yet available in stores

Shop this author
Title:STINKY: Toon Level 2Format:HardcoverDimensions:40 pages, 9.09 × 6.4 × 0.39 inPublished:September 11, 2008Publisher:TOON BooksLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0979923840

ISBN - 13:9780979923845

Appropriate for ages: 6 - 8

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of STINKY: Toon Level 2

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Highly Recommended Early Reader Toon Books are a new set of graphic novels aimed at the emerging reader. They are written and illustrated by professional artists/authors and are wildly intriguing for the young reader. My son who is reading at a Gr. 2 level enjoyed these immensely. The three I am reviewing are the second and latest set (Aug. 2008) to be released. Stinky by Eleanor Davis is for a little more experienced reader (Gr. 1 -2). My son read this very well and he is one who struggles with reading. But the wonderful story of a Stinky swamp creature who hates clean little kids but meets a friend in a boy who seems to like the exact same mucky, gross things he does is an appealing story for boys. One that will keep kids reading just for the fun of it. Divided into chapters this book gives a good sense of accomplishment when finished by the emergent reader. As a parent I was thrilled with these enticing books that held my reluctant reader's interest and kept him reading page after page without any pressure from mum or dad to just try and read one more page. In fact we all liked them so much I've ordered the first three for Christmas presents this year and look forward to the next books that will published next year. These 'early readers' are a fabulous use of the graphic novel format.
Date published: 2008-11-23