Less talk, more action: A guide to better communication, heightened productivity, and fewer meetings
Meetings are the bane of modern corporate culture. Today's managers spend between 25 percent and 75 percent of their workday in meetings, at least half of which are unproductive, if not downright destructive. In a book that is sure to be warmly embraced by beleaguered managers, a decorated Desert Storm platoon leader turned top corporate consultant offers managers a proven system for running a department, or an entire enterprise, without unnecessary meetings.
Successfully adopted by Johnson & Johnson, GE, McKinsey & Company, MetLife, Verizon, and other prestigious Snair clients, the one-on-one management methods outlined in this book:
- Improve a manager's ability to gather input
- Streamline the communication process
- Make influencing key members of an organization much easier
- Increase productivity, without stifling openness and job satisfaction
- Make managers more "hands-on" by using responsibility as a reward