Sword Art Online Progressive 1 (light Novel) by Reki KawaharaSword Art Online Progressive 1 (light Novel) by Reki Kawahara

Sword Art Online Progressive 1 (light Novel)

byReki Kawahara

Paperback | March 24, 2015

Pricing and Purchase Info

$15.65 online 
$18.50 list price save 15%
Earn 78 plum® points

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

"There's no way to beat this game. The only difference is when and where you die..."
One month has passed since Akihiko Kayaba's deadly game began, and the body count continues to rise. Two thousand players are already dead.
Kirito and Asuna are two very different people, but they both desire to fight alone. Nonetheless, they find themselves drawn together to face challenges from both within and without. Given that the entire virtual world they now live in has been created as a deathtrap, the surviving players of Sword Art Online are starting to get desperate, and desperation makes them dangerous to loners like Kirito and Asuna. As it becomes clear that solitude equals suicide, will the two be able to overcome their differences to find the strength to believe in each other, and in so doing survive?
Sword Art Online: Progressiveis a new version of the Sword Art Online tale that starts at the beginning of Kirito and Asuna's epic adventure--on the very first level of the deadly world of Aincrad!
Reki Kawahara is an award winning author best known for his light novel series,Sword Art OnlineandAccel World.
Sword Art Online 11 (light Novel): Alicization Turning
Sword Art Online 11 (light Novel): Alicization Turning

by Reki Kawahara

$16.89$18.50

In stock online

Available in stores

Sword Art Online 1: Aincrad (light Novel)
Sword Art Online 1: Aincrad (light Novel)

by Reki Kawahara

$16.12$17.00

In stock online

Available in stores

Accel World, Vol. 11 (light Novel): The Carbide Wolf
Accel World, Vol. 11 (light Novel): The Carbide Wolf

by Reki Kawahara

$18.18$18.50

In stock online

Available in stores

Shop this author
Title:Sword Art Online Progressive 1 (light Novel)Format:PaperbackDimensions:368 pages, 8.25 × 5.5 × 1 inPublished:March 24, 2015Publisher:Yen PressLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0316259365

ISBN - 13:9780316259361

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of Sword Art Online Progressive 1 (light Novel)

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Good I really enjoy it, never thought about it
Date published: 2017-04-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Outstanding Sword Art Online gets a lot of hate these days. While I personally enjoy the franchise, there original stories definitely had their flaws. Sword Art Online: Progressive corrects those flaws, and presents an engaging, fulfilling story from the outset of the series - there's a bit of retconning involved, but it's for the better. We get to watch as Kirito and Asune take on Aincrad from level one, and it is incredibly satisfying. The story, character development, everything is improved from the original series.
Date published: 2017-03-05
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Pretty Cool Good book if you want more background on the story and characters. The art is good and if you liked the anime than you'll love this.
Date published: 2017-01-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Fleshes out the series nicely. Written as the creator or Sword Art Online had originally intended, with each floor fleshed out. The amount of thought put into the series shows in these books as background stories for everything is gone into and character progression is properly shown, even for characters that did not make it into the original series. I quickly bought the next book in the series, and recommend anyone that's left wanting more after watching the show or reading the original series to try out the Progressive series.
Date published: 2016-06-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Satisfied my desire for more. I know I and many others felt like the story arc for the first season of the anime could have been stretched out to be multiple seasons. The progressive novels takes you floor through floor of the adventure in Aincrad and Kirito's development as a character and hero. The first novel has bits of the original here and there with a fuller story and deeper backgrounds on what were barely-there characters before. While reading this I'd have moments where I said to myself "Oh that's who founded that guild," or "That's where the skill he used in episode x came from!" and gave me more of the story that I craved.
Date published: 2016-02-07