The Best American Essays 2015 by Ariel LevyThe Best American Essays 2015 by Ariel Levy

The Best American Essays 2015

EditorAriel Levy, Robert Atwan

Paperback | October 20, 2015

Pricing and Purchase Info

$12.44 online 
$21.50 list price save 42%
Earn 62 plum® points
Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

New Yorker magazine staff writer and award-winning essayist Ariel Levy brings her wide-ranging taste and unforgettable voice to The Best American Essays 2015 . Selecting from hundreds of magazines, journals, and websites, Levy will "discover this year's finest essays, diverse in subject matter, each one surprising and elegant" ( Shelf Awareness for Readers ).
ARIEL LEVY is a staff writer at The New Yorker and the author of the feminist classic Female Chauvinist Pigs. Her piece "Thanksgiving in Mongolia" won the National Magazine Award for Essays and Criticism. ROBERT ATWAN has been the series editor of The Best American Essays since its inception in 1986.
Title:The Best American Essays 2015Format:PaperbackDimensions:272 pages, 8.25 × 5.5 × 0.71 inPublished:October 20, 2015Publisher:Houghton Mifflin HarcourtLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0544569628

ISBN - 13:9780544569621

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 4 out of 5 by from Never Can Say Goodbye: Writers on Their Unshakable Love for New York by Sari Botton really great. so many great stories. you know when you feel sad to finish a book because then it's over but you want to read more? I felt sad to finish this book - so i went & bought 'Goodbye to All That'! more! more!
Date published: 2017-06-30
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Goodbye to All That: Writers on Loving and Leaving New York by Sari Botton Reading these wonderful, insightful, and at times, deeply affecting essays --- with the exception of one essay I thoroughly disliked; the author, unlike the other essayists, spoke in the 3rd person with a smugness and arrogance that was very off-putting (to say the least) --- was one of the most thoroughly enjoyable reading experiences I’ve had this year. For anyone with the slightest curiosity or obsessive fascination with “the city that doesn’t sleep”, you won’t go wrong by reading “GOODBYE TO ALL THAT.”
Date published: 2017-06-29
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Never Can Say Goodbye: Writers on Their Unshakable Love for New York I would like to point out that several of the one-star reviews here are by people who are targeting just one of the twenty-seven contributors. Some admit they haven't even read the book, but just want to taunt or hurt that writer. There are twenty-six other writers in the book, though. Putting it together and editing it took a tremendous amount of work, and I hope you will keep this in mind when seeing all those one-star reviews that have brought the average star rating so far down. BTW, I am not impartial - I edited this book. But I recommend you read it! I'm very proud of it.
Date published: 2017-06-29