All across the globe, companies large and small are making a tremendous difference in the lives of others and, in turn, are enhancing employee performance, boosting morale, lowering turnover, and heightening brand recognition. In The Business of Changing the World, Marc Benioff and 19 other leaders share their corporate philanthropy secrets for the first time, revealing how any company can start their own program and reap enormous benefits.
This inspiring collection of testimonies brings to light the need for community giving, the challenges of implementing a philanthropic initiative, and the qualities CEOs must possess in order to make their programs a success. Most important, it highlights the tremendous rewards society and businesses stand to earn.
These are just a few of the extraordinary leaders you'll hear from:
- Michael Dell explains how making a commitment to environmentally sustainable products isn't just the right thing to do-it makes good business sense
- Alan Hassenfeld, the chairman of Hasbro-a pioneer of the integrated corporation-shares why he believes he owes a “debt” to the children of the world and how Hasbro expanded its reach beyond the playroom
- UPS CEO Mike Eskew demonstrates how his company delivers on its legacy by adhering to a set of core values
- Timberland president and CEO Jeffrey Swartz tells how, by integrating social justice into its business model, the company represents the apex in innovation in CSR
- Michael Milken reveals how applying best business approaches to healthcare and education can have a positive impact on the U.S. economy
In The Business of Changing the World, these trailblazers reveal why your company can-and should-start making the world a better place.