Incorporating exercise, nutrition, and positive thinking, theGuide to Lifestyle Empowermentshows you how to move the focus from what youcan’t doby putting it on what youcan doto live fully with multiple sclerosis. When Olympic champion Jimmie Heuga founded the Can Do Multiple Sclerosis non-profit organization in 1984, people with multiple sclerosis were told to take it easy and avoid straining themselves in any way. Those days are long gone.
The Can Do MS organization provides empowerment programs to more than 10,000 people in the United States and Canada each year. Some of those programs are done in collaboration with the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. In this guide, a multidisciplinary team of experts from the organization have compiled more than 20 years’ worth of knowledge to share their unique approach to whole body wellness.
The lifestyle empowerment guide provides the information and motivation to help you:
- Get active again and stay physically fit
- Manage symptoms to make every day easier
- Improve your mood and tackle cognitive difficulties
- Develop a plan to eat better to stay energetic and healthy
- Build an MS team for complete health care