The Cat Who Had 60 Whiskers by Lilian Jackson BraunThe Cat Who Had 60 Whiskers by Lilian Jackson Braun

The Cat Who Had 60 Whiskers

byLilian Jackson Braun

Mass Market Paperback | December 18, 2007

Pricing and Purchase Info

$8.10 online 
$8.99 list price save 9%
Earn 41 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Not available in stores

about

Polly Duncan is off to Paris, temporarily leaving Jim Qwilleran without his lady companion. Good thing there's lots to keep Jim busy. Like a mysterious death from a bee sting that leaves everyone but Koko the Siamese in a state of confusion. If only the kitty with sixty whiskers would stop pussyfooting around and let Jim in on the deadly secret
The history of Lilian Jackson Braun is perhaps as exciting and mysterious as her novels. Between 1966 and 1968, she published three novels to critical acclaim: The Cat Who Could Read Backwards, The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern, and The Cat Who Turned On and Off.  In 1966, the New York Times labeled Braun, “the new detective of the year.” ...
Title:The Cat Who Had 60 WhiskersFormat:Mass Market PaperbackDimensions:240 pages, 6.81 × 4.19 × 0.63 inPublished:December 18, 2007Publisher:Penguin Publishing GroupLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0515143952

ISBN - 13:9780515143959

Reviews

Rated 3 out of 5 by from Not that great I loved all the books in this series but this last one certainly was not up to her usual standards.
Date published: 2018-01-11
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Not Great This book was not one of the best in this series.
Date published: 2017-11-17
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Incomplete? My copy stops at the end of chapter 20... doesn't feel complete? Am I missing some chapters? I'd like to know what happens!
Date published: 2015-03-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Too bad! I have enjoyed the whole series. This was the last written. Too bad!
Date published: 2014-11-12
Rated 1 out of 5 by from A great disappointment i have read all of the "Cat who" novels. The mysteries and witty writing was thoroughly enjoyed. But...with the last few, and this one in particular, I am extremely disappointed. This book spends much of the first half reintroducing the characters and describing the location. The actual mystery isnt even introduced until after the 100 page point in a 250 page book. The writing has become overly simplistic and better suited to the young reader. The chapters are broken up many times with new ideas in different sections which is very frustrating and makes me think "get on with it"! I gave this book one last chance to enthrall me and I was sorely disappointed. I had a very hard time even finishing it. In my opinion, either retire the series (which actually started in the mid-1960's) or gear it to young readers.
Date published: 2008-01-29

Editorial Reviews

"The ideal bedtime tales for grown-ups." --Los Angeles Times "Most detectives do their legwork on two legs. A few, however, do it on four..." -ASSOCIATED PRESS "A master of mystery." -PEOPLE "Like dropping in on old and very dear friends." -TAMPA TRIBUNE-TIMES