704 pages, 8.96 × 6.58 × 1.7 in
September 27, 2011
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 0857682903
ISBN - 13: 9780857682901
From the Publisher
The biggest edition yet – expanded and updated with 35,000 words of new material
Critically acclaimed in its previous editions, The Complete David Bowie is widely recognized as the foremost source of analysis and information on every facet of Bowie’s career. The A-Z of songs and the day-by-day dateline are the most complete ever published. From the 11-year-old’s skiffle performance at the 18th Bromley Scouts’ Summer Camp in 1958, to the emergence of the legendary lost album Toy in 2011, The Complete David Bowie discusses and dissects every last development in rock’s most fascinating career.
* The Albums – detailed production history and analysis of every album from 1967 to the present day.
* The Songs – hundreds of individual entries reveal the facts and anecdotes behind not just the famous recordings, but also the most obscure of unreleased rarities – from ‘Absolute Beginners’ to ‘Ziggy Stardust’, from ‘Abdulmajid’ to ‘Zion’.
* The Tours – set-lists and histories of every live show.
* The Actor – a complete guide to Bowie’s career on stage and screen.
* Plus – the videos, the BBC radio sessions, the paintings, the Internet and much more.
About the Author
Nicholas Pegg is an actor, theatre director and writer. This book is the culmination of a lifetime's interest in David Bowie's work.
"Pegg eloquently catalogues Bowie's proclivity for making radical jumps from one musical and fashion motif to another." - Publishers Weekly
"All Bowie books must now be measured against Nicholas Pegg’s The Complete David Bowie ... ‘It is not only a pleasure to dip into, but also one of the few reference books that can be read cover to cover. Pegg’s encyclopaedic structure mirrors the cut-up, mix-and-match nature of Bowie’s own career, making one reconsider the very notion of a conventional rock biography." – Times Literary Supplement
“An indispensable guide for all serious collectors of David Bowie’s music.” - BowieNet
“Absolutely thorough, absolutely definitive and absolutely entertaining.” BBC Radio 5 Live