Feeling uninspired? That shouldn’t keep you from creating great design work. Design is not about luck, inspiration, or personal expression. Design is a disciplined pursuit aimed at producing sensible, functional work for clients. In The Design Method, you’ll learn how to create quality design work on a regular basis that consistently pleases your clients using the same method that Creative Director Eric Karjaluoto uses at his creative agency, smashLAB. The Design Method will teach you a proven, repeatable process for solving visual communication problems.
In this book, you will learn:
- Ways to conduct research and gain insight into your clients’ situations
- A process for establishing strategies and plans for your projects
- How to develop a cohesive concept and visual direction for each client/job
- An iterative approach to prototype, test, refine, and produce effective design
- Techniques for presenting and documenting creative work
- Tips for making your design studio operate efficiently and consistently