The Discarded Son (volume 2);  Or, Haunt Of The Banditti. A Tale by Regina Maria RocheThe Discarded Son (volume 2);  Or, Haunt Of The Banditti. A Tale by Regina Maria Roche

The Discarded Son (volume 2); Or, Haunt Of The Banditti. A Tale

byRegina Maria Roche

Paperback | February 7, 2012

Pricing and Purchase Info

$27.95

Earn 140 plum® points

Out of stock online

Not available in stores

about

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated.1825 Excerpt: ... completely overpowered by his disappointment. "True," cried he, "it is a most grievous one, for who can deny that it is a grievous thing to be disappointed of the power of rendering a service to those whom we value more than life? but still it is only such as we all liable to in this chequered state. Shall I then, knowing this to be the case, dare to murmur at experiencing but the common lot of humanity, as if I had a right to expect some peculiar exemption in my favour; shall I attempt to enjoin others to patience and resignation under adversity, as is one of the most sacred duties of my profession to do, while I suffer myself to sink beneath it? No--no, to be satisfied with myself, my precepts and practice must ever agree. Henceforward, therefore, in order that I may be enabled to fulfil my duty properly, it shall be my study to acquire such a command over myself, as shall enable me to meet with fortitude and calmness whatever may ensue. How much do I rejoice that Lord O'Sinister did not witness my recent agitation, since I am convinced the sight of it would have considerably increased his own! Good and benevolent man, how much does he feel for others! by this time I dare say (and as the idea occurred, his heart, which had felt chilled and heavy, began to regain its wonted heart and animation), he is planning how he may make amends for my present disappointment. Yes, I make no doubt he is," added Osmond, starting from his seat in an ecstasy of revived hope and expectation, and pacing the room with hasty steps--" yes, I feel assured he will not let me launch into the wide ocean of life, without providing me with some certain port to steer to." His lordship at this moment re-entered the room, his cheek flushed, and from this circumstance his countenance wea...
Title:The Discarded Son (volume 2); Or, Haunt Of The Banditti. A TaleFormat:PaperbackDimensions:52 pages, 9.69 × 7.44 × 0.11 inPublished:February 7, 2012Publisher:General Books LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:021732990X

ISBN - 13:9780217329903

Reviews