DO YOU KNOW WHO THE GREATEST HEALTH GURU IN HISTORY IS? IT’S YOU.
DR. TRAVIS STORK, #1 New York Times bestselling author and popular host of The Doctors, will show you how to transform your own health in seven simple steps.
As an emergency room physician, Dr. Travis Stork regularly sees the effects that poor lifestyle choices—the same decisions we face every day about what to eat and how active to be—have on our bodies over time. But just a few small tweaks to your daily habits can help you live longer and feel stronger. You can also conquer many chronic conditions—such as some of the biggest killers in America: heart disease, type II diabetes, and some cancers—before they happen.
A lively, eye-opening guide, The Doctor Is In cracks the often-intimidating wellness code. You don’t need to follow the latest health crazes. Your power to save your own life is potentially thousands of times greater than that of any physician, wellness guru, or fitness expert. The secret is in seven easy, positive, and crucial steps that will help you change the way you think about diet, exercise, and the health care system. As he breaks down the building blocks for health into doable tips and action plans, Dr. Stork demystifies nutrition, exposes food fads, explains why you should be ruthlessly skeptical of health advice, and tells you which numbers you should track to keep yourself on the road to optimal wellness.
Being healthy is an important and achievable goal no matter your age or fitness level. You already hold the key to a long and happy life. It’s time to put that power into action!
DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE THE POWER TO . . .
• Increase your life expectancy by up to a decade or more?
• Prevent or slow the development of many chronic and fatal diseases?
• Lower your high blood pressure?
• Reduce your risk of certain cancers?
• Conquer and reverse obesity?
• Potentially reduce your risk for Alzheimer’s disease?
• Avoid spending many years and countless thousands of dollars on agonizing medical procedures, hospital stays, and medications due to preventable conditions?