The Duke Diet & Fitness Center offers one of the most prestigious weight-loss programs in America. Duke’s comprehensive approach brings together the best available scientific evidence and is strengthened by more than thirty-five years of experience. The Duke program is also one of the most successful: Participants lose on average three pounds per week, and 80 percent of Duke participants surveyed one year after completing the program had maintained or improved their weight loss. Now, at last, program director Howard Eisenson, M.D., and behavioral health director Martin Binks, Ph.D., of the Duke Diet & Fitness Center, bring the Duke approach to everyone–with a plan that will help us all lose the weight, keep it off, and get healthy.
The Duke Diet takes a balanced and personalized approach to weight loss that covers nutrition, fitness, and behavioral strategies, all to help us overcome obstacles and achieve lasting success. Drs. Eisenson and Binks distill their methods–previously available only to those paying nearly $10,000 for a monthlong stay–that have made the Duke Diet & Fitness Center famous. They show us that slimming down is not just about finding new ways to eat and exercise but also involves learning new ways to think about food, fitness, and a healthy lifestyle. The Duke Diet is about losing weight–but it’s also about gaining health. The core of this life-changing diet is a four-week step-by-step program that allows you to
• choose from two delicious eating plans based on two different carb levels
• eat foods you love from six food groups, with portions balanced to help you lose excess body fat in a safe and lasting way
• select from daily menus and dozens of recipes from the Duke kitchens, including tips for modifying your favorite dishes so you can savor the tastes you love, even while you stick to your eating plan.
• make peace with exercise, formulate the right fitness plan for yourself, and get started!
• find your barriers to lasting weight loss and learn strategies to help you consistently make better choices for a healthier and happier life
Including a simple follow-up plan for continued success and lasting weight loss, The Duke Diet also features personal advice from Drs. Eisenson and Binks, commentary on health problems associated with excess weight, patient success stories, and frequently asked questions to keep you informed and inspired as you become slimmer, fitter, and–most important–healthier!
At last, here’s a book that will give you the tools you need to lose the weight and keep it off. The Duke Diet: Dieting done right.