The English Rogue (volume 2); Described, In The Life Of Meriton Latroon, A Witty Extravagant. Being…

Paperback | January 11, 2012

byRichard Head

not yet rated|write a review
This historic book may have numerous typos, missing text or index. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. 1668. Not illustrated. Excerpt: ... CHAP. XX. The Relater and the Drugsters Master come acquainted, being concerned in Tryals at Law: their several Cases they relate to each other. MY Master having much dealing, had many Debts owing him, and he was forced to sue some persons to get in his monies ; and I having delivered a parcel of Clothes, wassub-pona'd to attend to testifie the same in Court, upon a Tryal which my Master was to have with his Debtor. I attended the Court when Tryal of the Cause should be call'd, several hours; and there did I meet with the young Drugster, who was likewise waiting upon some such like occasion: we both having leisure, and his servant having told him that I principally assisted in putting off his Drugs, he to gratifie me, ofsered me a Pint of Wine. I accepted his kindness, and to the Tavern we went, where he again thanked me for the courtesie I had done him; and then *he enquired my business at the Court. I told him, it was upon a Tryal of my Masters, who sued one for money for a suit of Clothes. That is strange, said he, that any should resuse to pay for work when done. True, said I, but he pretends that there is somewhat more then ordinary in the Case, as indeed there is, if well understood; and knowing you to be ingenious, I shall relate it to you. A person had occasion to have a suit of Clothes made, and would not entrust my Master to buy the Cloth; but having enquired how much would do the business, my Master told him five yards and a half, to make a suit and large coat. The other supposing that five yards would do the business, and the half yard be saved, bought but five; and bringing it home, desired my Master to cut it out besore him; and if there wanted any more cloth, it should be supplyed. My Master seeing himself distrusted, was resolved to be even ...

Pricing and Purchase Info

$27.95

Out of stock online

From the Publisher

This historic book may have numerous typos, missing text or index. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. 1668. Not illustrated. Excerpt: ... CHAP. XX. The Relater and the Drugsters Master come acquainted, being concerned in Tryals at Law: their several Cases they relate to ...

Format:PaperbackDimensions:90 pages, 9.69 × 7.44 × 0.19 inPublished:January 11, 2012Publisher:General Books LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0217347983

ISBN - 13:9780217347983

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of The English Rogue (volume 2); Described, In The Life Of Meriton Latroon, A Witty Extravagant. Being A Compleat History Of The Most Eminent Cheats Of B

Reviews