The indispensable guide for executives in search of a soft landing
The groups hardest hit by the most recent wave of downsizings have been upper and middle management. People with 10 or more years on the job, much or all of it spent at one company, are particularly unprepared for the rigors of today's job market. The Executive Job Search shows these professionals how to take charge of their searches and land the jobs of their dreams.
Career expert Orrin Wood shows job seekers how to:
- Determine their job goals so they can conduct a highly focused search
- Improve their attractiveness to potential employers
- Optimize their interviewing skills
- Mine the contacts they've built up over the years for an effective networking campaign
- Explore alternative career options and plan for the future
Readers will also find a gold mine of checklists, and sample forms and documents, including sample resumes, cover letters, interview scripts, and more.