The German Classics (volume 3); Masterpieces Of German Literature Translated Into English

Paperback | January 10, 2012

byKuno Francke

not yet rated|write a review
This historic book may have numerous typos, missing text or index. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. 1914. Not illustrated. Excerpt: ... Countess (holding him back). Nothing? Do I not see that all the life-blood Has left your cheeks -- look you not like a ghost? That even my brother but affects a calmness? Page (enters). An Aide-de-camp inquires for the Count Terzky. [terzky follows the Page.] Wallenst. Go, hear his business. [To Illo.] This could not have happen'd So unsuspected without mutiny. Who was on guard at the gates? Illo. 'Twas Tiefenbach. Wallenst. Let Tiefenbach leave guard without delay, And Terzky's grenadiers relieve him. [illo is going.] Stopl Hast thou heard aught of Butler? Illo. Him I met; He will be here himself immediately. Butler remains unshaken. [illo exit. Wallenstein is following him.] Countess. Let him not leave thee, sister! go, detain him! There's some misfortune. Duchess (clinging to him). Gracious Heaven! What is it? Wallenst. Be tranquil! leave me, sister! dearest wife! We are in camp, and this is nought unusual; Here storm and sunshine follow one another With rapid interchanges. These fierce spirits Champ the curb angrily, and never yet Did quiet bless the temples of the leader. If I am to stay, go you. The plaints of women 111 suit the scene where men must act. [He is going. Terzky returns.] Terzky. Bemain here. From this window must we see it. Wallenstein (to the Countess). Sister, retire! Countess. No -- never. Wallenstein. 'Tis my will. Terzky (leads the Countess aside, and drawing her attention to the Duchess). Theresa? Duchess. Sister, come! since he commands it. Scene VII Wallenstein, Terzky Wallenstein (stepping to the window). What now, then? Terzky. There are strange movements among all the troops,' And no one knows the cause. Mysteriously, With gloomy silentness, the several corps Marshal themselves, each under its own banners. Tiefenbach's corps make t...

Pricing and Purchase Info

$35.50

Out of stock online

From the Publisher

This historic book may have numerous typos, missing text or index. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. 1914. Not illustrated. Excerpt: ... Countess (holding him back). Nothing? Do I not see that all the life-blood Has left your cheeks -- look you not like a ghost? That ev...

Format:PaperbackDimensions:164 pages, 9.69 × 7.44 × 0.35 inPublished:January 10, 2012Publisher:General Books LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0217584926

ISBN - 13:9780217584920

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of The German Classics (volume 3); Masterpieces Of German Literature Translated Into English

Reviews