The Hungarian Brothers (volume 1)

Paperback | February 4, 2012

byAnna Maria Porter

not yet rated|write a review
This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1832. Excerpt: ... HO she sings more exquisitely th-in you can ceive; and upon my saying how much I loved music, some one proposed a singing party; so we went into that little cabinet, which leads off the grand staircase towards the back of the palace, and then sha sang ma all Signo ra 's songs in the last opera." "So then, you were the whole evening with; Madame de Fontainville! and pray what sort of a companion did you find her? Agreeable?" Thrown off his guard by the assumed carelessness with which Charles asked this question Demetrius, burst forth into such a rhapsody of praise and transport, as completely appalled him: Charles was silent awhile; at length regarding the animated Demetrius, with a look made up of pity and fear, he said gently--"Demetrius! you have more dependence upon your own heart, than I should hare on' miue, if ever you trust yourself in so dangerous a situation?" "How do you mean?" "I mean, that Madame de Fontainville's beauty is enchanting enough to make a maw forget she has a husband; she has French manners also, which too often awaken hope that oilght to be impossible. Take my advice then, avoid her society, as T sincerely believe I should have done, had her avowed a 1miration, fallen to my share," "What! avoid a virtuous woman, merehf cause she is married and charming.'--why Charles, your virtue is rather that of a monk than a soldier, if it consist in flying from danger instead of resisting it." "No bad virtue either my boy. I know what the passions are at nineteen; I know that you must be superior to a human weakness, if you are not at this very instant delirious vrrth gratitude, admiration, and expectation. (Charles as he spoke, ayerted his head, that he might not see the blood plead guilty through the cheek of Demetrius.) Madame de Fontainvi...

Pricing and Purchase Info

$27.95

Out of stock online

From the Publisher

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1832. Excerpt: ... HO she sings more exquisitely th-in you can ceive; and upon my saying how much I loved music, some one proposed a singing part...

Format:PaperbackDimensions:60 pages, 9.69 × 7.44 × 0.12 inPublished:February 4, 2012Publisher:General Books LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0217952992

ISBN - 13:9780217952996

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of The Hungarian Brothers (volume 1)

Reviews