LEVERAGE YOUR MOST POWERFUL TRADING ASSET: YOUR PERSONALITY
The Mental Edge in Trading explains the critical link between successful trading and personality traits--andit gives you the tools to use this information to makesmarter trades.
A highly trained psychiatrist, Dr. Jason Williams, son of legendary trader Larry Williams, explains how to assessand measure your innate personality traits and align them with your trading style for more profitable trading on a more consistent basis.
Dr. Williams tested proven winning traders who were managing billions of dollars to see what the great winning traders had in common, what personality traits made themso successful. The results are in this groundbreaking book that will help you become like these winning traders.His conclusions are based on hard science, the latest brain research, and the careful study of successful traders, not on psychobabble meanderings. Dr. Williams provides:
- A comprehensive overview of how personality/emotions affect every trading decision
- The information you need to determine the emotions thatdominate your decision making
- Proven methods for adapting your trading plan--and your behavior--to make more money than ever
With The Mental Edge in Trading, you have everything you need to apply your cluster of personality traits to become a better, wiser, and more consistently successful market trader.
Solid trading strategies and accurate market indicators are crucial. But when push comes to shove, the glue that binds them is your emotional state at any given time. When things go south, the best trading system will collapse like a house of cards--if you allow it to.
The Mental Edge in Trading provides the tools you need to ensure this never happens to you by helping you understand and use your emotions when it counts most. It's the key to long-term trading success.
Until now, no other book has provided a practical, detailed method for achieving the mental edge in trading. What you'll find inside is based on intensive research intothe minds of today’s most profitable traders.The Mental Edge in Trading explains the immutable relationship of human thought, emotion, and behavior and reveals how to:
- Determine if you should be a systems or discretionary trader
- Conquer you underlying fear of risk by understanding where it comes from
- Calm innate anxieties before you start your trading day
- Use optimism as a "tool" for profitability
- Remain vigilant as to why you are placing each and every trade
This complete trading-improvement tool gives you the information you need to determine and improve your personality traits, discover your dominant emotions, and use this information to adapt your behavior for more successful trading.