From one of the most trusted names in medical references comes an accessible, all-inclusive guide for older adults that shares what measures to take to optimize the aging process, prevent disease, and improve your overall health. Inside you’ll discover clear, authoritative information on
• preventive medical care and good nutrition
• common medical disorders in older adults
• strategies for coping with disease
• steps for finding the best in medical care
• how to communicate with health care practitioners
• the role of alternative and complementary medicine
• the benefits and risks of medical tests
• the challenges of caregiving and rehabilitation
• safe, easy-to-follow cardio exercises
Also featuring candid essays by seniors who share their insights and personal experiences on growing older, The Merck Manual of Health & Aging is an essential home reference for making your later years truly golden.
Merck & Co., Inc., is a pharmaceutical company and trusted contributor to world health. Merck produces numerous clinically relevant, scientifically accurate, and affordable medical reference books.
The Merck Manual of Health & Aging was edited by an outstanding staff of experienced editors. The team was led and all content reviewed by a renowned group of geriatricians.
From one of the most trusted names in medical references comes an accessible, all-inclusive guide to the health care system for older adults, and the disorders they are most likely to experience. Inside you’ll discover