A Parent's Guidebook to Minecraft®
Is Minecraft® a game? A computerized construction toy? This book helps you understand exactly what Minecraft® is, why kids love it, and why it may offer much more than what you've come to expect from a game. A Parent's Guidebook to Minecraft® is written for parents, caregivers, educators, and anyone else who has kids swept up in the Minecraft® phenomenon.
This handbook explains how to install, set up, and play the game, so that even adults with minimum computer literacy can step in and help their children-and play alongside them. Moving beyond the basics, this practical guide explores larger questions such as online safety, be it playing in multi-player worlds or posting on forums or YouTube. It also examines the social and academic advantages to be found in Minecraft® and offers realistic solutions to challenges such as time management and conflicts over computer use.
With a simple, friendly, and open style, A Parent's Guidebook to Minecraft® offers practical help and new ways to connect with children who play this exciting and creative game.
You'll learn to
- Make playing Minecraft® a rewarding experience for your kids-and the entire family.
- Set limits and ensure the computer doesn't become a source of conflict.
- Take advantage of the social aspects of Minecraft® and keep your kids safe online.
- Gather supplies, craft items, and build structures.
- Avoid monsters-or just remove them from the game.
- Set up a server in your home.
Minecraft® is a trademark of Mojang Synergies/Notch Development AB. This book is not affiliated with or sponsored by Mojang Synergies/Notch Development AB.