The most comprehensive, authoritative organic foods guide available
Flavorful, nutritious meals begin with flavorful, nutritious ingredients. They also begin with knowledge. If you want to learn about and enjoy the benefits of organic foods, this book is an essential resource that will make it easier to go organic" by helping you "know organic."
Covering fruit, vegetables, meat, eggs, milk, spices, and more, The Organic Cook's Bible expertly addresses the what, where, when, how, and why of choosing and using more than 150 types of organic foods. It includes:
* Easy-to-find entries, organized alphabetically within categories
* Information on selection, storage, nutrition, uses, and preparation
* More than 150 color photos for easy identification
* A special section listing 900 top varieties of organic produce
* A useful list of organic food suppliers and organizations
"This is an amazing book! Jeff brings together the essentials of gardening and cooking with delicious, approachable recipes and a discussion of what it means to eat in an ethical, sustainable, and healthy manner - and manages not to be preachy. It's a great read for those just beginning to explore good food as well as old pros."
- John Ash, chef, food and wine educator, and author of the award-winning book John Ash Cooking One on One
"The Organic Cook's Bible is a fantastic resource to guide both home and professional cooks through a greater understanding of what to consider when using organics."
- Jesse Z. Cool, owner of jZcool Eatery and Catering Company and other restaurants and author of six cookbooks, including Your Organic Kitchen
"The Organic Cook's Bible is a great book and an important tool to spread the good news of organics and inspire us all in the kitchen."
- Ronnie Cummins, National Director, Organic Consumers Association "