The Philippine Islands, 1493-1803 (volume 43); Explorations By Early Navigators, Descriptions Of…

Paperback | January 12, 2012

byEmma Helen Blair

not yet rated|write a review
This historic book may have numerous typos, missing text or index. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. 1906. Not illustrated. Excerpt: ... LETTER FROM FATHER PEDRO ROSELL88 TO THE FATHER SUPERIOR OF THE MISSION8' Caraga, April 17, 1885. My dearly beloved Father Superior in Christ: Although it is scarcely three weeks since my arrival from the visit which Father Pastells and I made to the villages of the southern part of this mission, I received your Reverence's both affectionate and short letter of December 30 of last year, together with the authorizations which you were pleased to send me under separate covers. Ex intimo corde" I acknowledge to your Reverence both letter and authorizations, and give you a thousand thanks for them. And now desiring to pay so pleasing a favor with something more [than thanks], I am going to write you a minute relation of the last two excursions that we two fathers made together, for I know the great consolation that your Reverence receives by the reading of such relations, for besides the fact that you learn from them of the condition and prog 88 Pedro Rosell, S.J., was born at Lerida September 4, 1849, and entered his novitiate in the Society of Jesus, October 2, 1878, being already a priest. He went to the Philippines in 1880, and died in Caraga, January 4, 1888. See Sommervogel's Bibliotheque. 89 This mission belongs to the district of Misamis. 90 i.e., From my inmost heart. N ress of your dear missions and of the fathers and brothers who work in them, whom your Reverence loves with the true love of a father, there is also seen in the same relations the not small fruit that is obtained in souls by the mercy of God. Almost never is there lacking the relation of some remarkable event or edifying deed in the conquest of the heathens to our holy faith, which recreates the spirit and invites one to praise the goodness of our sweet Jesus. Some events of such a nature ha...

Pricing and Purchase Info

$27.95

Out of stock online

From the Publisher

This historic book may have numerous typos, missing text or index. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. 1906. Not illustrated. Excerpt: ... LETTER FROM FATHER PEDRO ROSELL88 TO THE FATHER SUPERIOR OF THE MISSION8' Caraga, April 17, 1885. My dearly beloved Father Superior i...

Format:PaperbackDimensions:86 pages, 9.69 × 7.44 × 0.18 inPublished:January 12, 2012Publisher:General Books LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0217102034

ISBN - 13:9780217102032

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of The Philippine Islands, 1493-1803 (volume 43); Explorations By Early Navigators, Descriptions Of The Islands And Their Peoples, Their History And Reco

Reviews