For those photographers looking to start a business—or expand their current business—to include the lucrative high school senior portrait market, The Photographer’s MBA: Senior High School Portraiture is a complete resource that dives deep into every aspect of the genre. Unlike other books that only cover one part of the business, photographer Sal Cincotta, who leads a highly successful portrait and wedding photography business, covers them all, including everything from shooting, posing, lighting, and post-production, to all the details on the business side: from creating business and marketing plans to pricing, costs, branding, and sales.
- Learn how to effectively define your style through your approach to lighting, equipment, posing, and post-production
- Understand every aspect of the senior portrait “ambassador program”—what this referral program is, and how this essential component of the senior portrait business will help you succeed
- Create business and marketing plans that will provide focus for your business and allow you to reach both your short-term and long-term goals
- Assess your website, branding, and social media strategies, and learn how to improve your findability online
- Tackle the pricing and sales process, and ensure that you are creating the best experience possible for your clients
The book also offers a Next Steps section at the end of key chapters, which contains exercises that challenge you to actively implement the overall lessons in the book. By helping you create a solid plan, a strategy you can implement, and a vision for your business, The Photographer’s MBA: Senior High School Portraiture gets you well on your way to creating and sustaining a high school portraiture business that will grow and succeed for years to come.