Raven Cycle #4: Raven King by Maggie StiefvaterRaven Cycle #4: Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater

Raven Cycle #4: Raven King

byMaggie Stiefvater

Paperback | February 27, 2018

Pricing and Purchase Info

$9.09 online 
$12.99 list price save 30%
Earn 45 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

The fourth and final installment in the spellbinding series from NYT bestselling author Maggie Stiefvater Now in paperback!

All her life, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love's death. She doesn't believe in true love and never thought this would be a problem, but as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she's not so sure anymore.

Maggie Stiefvater is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the novels Shiver, Linger, Forever, and Sinner. Her novel The Scorpio Races was named a Michael L. Printz Honor Book by the American Library Association. The first book in The Raven Cycle, The Raven Boys, was a Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year and the second book, ...
Title:Raven Cycle #4: Raven KingFormat:PaperbackDimensions:464 pages, 8.01 × 5.28 × 0.89 inPublished:February 27, 2018Publisher:SCHOLASTIC INCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0545424992

ISBN - 13:9780545424998

Reviews

Rated 3 out of 5 by from Good I absolutely LOVED some of the storylines with certain characters, but then felt like others were kind of structured haphazardly or not tied up as well as I wanted. Mostly, I would have liked more time to actually feel/process stuff with the characters. I definitely love books 2 & 3 more, but this one was still good. I just needed more resolution...
Date published: 2018-03-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing! I did not think I could love the Raven Cycle any more than I did until I read this book! I've heard fans saying that it was disappointing and rushed, so I guess that made me lower my expectations, but this book was anything but those things! It was very reminiscent of the first book in the sense that it was creepy and mysterious and confusing and I needed to know everything right away!! I cannot express how happy this series made me, it was a perfect ending with the hint of something more to come (cough cough the RONAN TRILOGY OMG I CANT EVEN!)
Date published: 2018-03-15
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Awesome Paranormal Series This is one of the best paranormal series I have ever read and you will fall in love with these characters. The characters are three dimensionally and you are just rooting for them the entire time. Great atmosphere and beautiful writing as well.
Date published: 2018-03-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Lush, Magical, Addicting MY THOUGHTS: 1. I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR MAGGIE STIEFVATER'S WRITING TO GET BETTER BUT HOLY COW IT DID. From the very first page, she gorgeously drew us back into her magically realistic world and I WAS ABSOLUTELY ENTRANCED. 2. My main problem with book three, Blue Lily, Lily Blue was the PACE. It was just so slow with so many unnecessary tiny plot developments and I was scared that The Raven King would be the same. IT WASN'T. I was sucked in from the first page with some delicious writing and plot lines and just the anticipation that THIS WAS THE BOOK WE'D FIND GLENDOWER. 3. I officially have a new favourite couple in YA Literature that take me breath away every time they interact or kiss or hang out. SPOILER: "Ronan wrenched his tie loose. "You working after school?" "With a dreamer." He held Ronan's gaze over his locker door. School had improved. ... Adam smiled cheerily. Roman would start wars and burn cities over that true smile, elastic and amiable. " *** "His feelings for Adam were an oil spill; he'd let them overflow and now there wasn't a damn place in the ocean that wouldn't catch fire if he dropped a match." LIKE I SAID. I FELL, AND I FELL HARD. Please tell me this means that Adam will be there in the Ronan Trilogy because NEED. HELLO? I will combust into a puddle of happiness and feels to have an entire TRILOGY about these two. 4. The ending was very... Abrupt. There was a particular revelation about one of the Raven Boys that was SHOCKING but other than that, I found it sub-par and lacking the greatness I expected from it. Still, with Adam and Ronan and my heart soaring, I honestly didn't care much for this aspect of the ending. 5. I don't know WHAT I felt about certain characters including the Laumoniers, Piper Greenmantle and ESPECIALLY Henry Cheng. I sort of begrudged them a space in the story, but I did t care for them at all. Let's be honest, I'm TRASH for this series. It's one of the best out there, in my opinion BECAUSE it's so different. I cannot recommend it enough because when you fall, you will FALL HARD AND THERE WILL BE NO COMING BACK AND, really, ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU WANT ANYWAY? The Raven Cycle is an addicting, magical, lush, spellbinding quartet that will leave you gasping for more. 5 stars.
Date published: 2018-02-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Loved it A super-satisfying end to the series. I loved these books!
Date published: 2018-02-15
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Need More I have always been a big Maggie and The Raven Boys fan, this was amazing. So sad that the series has ended.
Date published: 2018-02-07
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Rather disappointing ending... Well, it was a "happy ending", but the number of plot holes that the author left unresolved took away from my enjoyment of the book. The resolution also felt rather hand-wavey and vague; I have more questions that I do answers about the story now. Overall, mixed feelings. Wouldn't read again.
Date published: 2017-11-16
Rated 3 out of 5 by from ok Really enjoyed the characters.
Date published: 2017-11-13
Rated 3 out of 5 by from ok This was an interesting read full of life lessons learned through experiencing a terrible loss. Reading this provides insight into the grieving mind along with strategies to support someone experiencing los
Date published: 2017-10-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by from So Good! Amazing ending to one of the best series I've ever read!
Date published: 2017-10-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by from amazing conclusion i love this series! this is something i reread in my spare time. if you are an avid reader, you need to read this series.
Date published: 2017-09-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by from amazing series ! I've never read a book more unique than this one!!!!!!
Date published: 2017-08-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by from great ending Although this wasn't my favourite out of the series, it was a perfect ending to a great story. Will definitely be rereading The Raven Cycle again sometime. Can't wait to see what Stiefvater writes next!
Date published: 2017-08-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by from one of the best series i;ve ever read all the characters were beautifully crafted, realistic, and i fell in love with all of them. the writing style is beautiful.
Date published: 2017-07-05

Editorial Reviews

Praise for The Raven King:

*"Expect this truly one-of-a-kind series to come to a thundering close." Kirkus Reviews, starred review

* "Readers will snap up the final installment the second it's available." — Publishers Weekly, starred review

*"The prose is crisp and dazzling and the dialogue positively crackles." — School Library Journal, starred review