Clear, quick, effective solutions to the 50 most common resume problems
"No matter how much you think you know about writing resumes, you'll learn something new. I'd recommend this book to anyone conducting or anticipating a job search."—Laura Lorber, Managing Editor, CareerJournal.com
In this solution-oriented guide, bestselling careers author John J. Marcus zeros in on the 50 most common resume writing problems and offers easy-to-perform fixes for each.
Among other crucial lessons, readers learn how to identify and deal effectively with job history problems, skill-set deficiencies, poor visual presentation, and formatting problems.
A compelling feature that distinguishes The Resume Makeover from all the competition is its unique quick-reference, "Before & After" format. Each chapter focuses on one common problem and offers a proven solution, along with before-and-after documents illustrating how a few simple changes can significantly improve a resume.
In addition, readers learn:
- How to write a resume in half the usual time
- Strategies for changing careers or reentering the workforce
- Key words and phrases to include
- How to write high-impact cover letters
- The five areas in which all recruiters and employers grade resumes, and how to ace each one