Clear, quick, effective solutions to the 50 most common resume problems
In this solution-oriented guide, bestselling careers author John J. Marcus zeros in on the 50 most common resume writing problems and offers easy-to-perform fixes for each.
Among other crucial lessons, readers learn how to identify and deal effectively with job history problems, skill-set deficiencies, poor visual presentation, and formatting problems.
A compelling feature that distinguishes The Resume Makeover from all the competition is its unique quick-reference, "Before & After" format. Each chapter focuses on one common problem and offers a proven solution, along with before-and-after documents illustrating how a few simple changes can significantly improve a resume.
In addition, readers learn:
- How to write a resume in half the usual time
- Strategies for changing careers or reentering the workforce
- Key words and phrases to include
- How to write high-impact cover letters
- The five areas in which all recruiters and employers grade resumes, and how to ace each one