Minimize risk and maximize your return with option spreads
The Trader's Guide to Equity Spreads provides a complete introduction to option spread trading, offering detailed explanations of the most popular and useful option spreads. Covering all the major option spread families - Ratios, Bull/Bear, Butterfly/Condor, and Vertical/Horizontal - as well as more advanced strategies, this authoritative, hands-on resource gives you the tools to select the right spreads for the stocks you watch.
Options expert Randy Frederick takes you through the pricing and movement of options, using sample stock charts, tables, and illustrations to pinpoint the profit and loss zones for each strategy. He reveals not only how the various spread strategies compare to similar strategies, but also ways to keep on top of the crucial pricing factors.
- Understand basic option mechanics: American vs. European, A.M. and P. M. settlement, rights and obligations, and more
- Identify the option spread strategies that are most appropriate for specific market conditions
- Set up and manage spreads using calls and puts
- Select the right strike prices
- Control risk and give your trades more leverage
- Maximize your ability to generate a consistent flow of profits with manageable risk