Earn 105 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Special Offer
Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

Acclaimed writer Warren Ellis reimagines the WildStorm Universe here in THE WILD STORM VOL. 1!

Grifter. Voodoo. Jenny Sparks. Zealot. The Engineer. These legendary antiheroes transformed the way superhero stories were told. Their return will rip apart the system once again. It all starts with Angela Spica, an engineer driven to the brink of death by the transhuman implants buried in her body. When she steps in to save the life of another, she will bring the storm down upon her, from the world’s most lethal assassin to its most sprawling secret agency to the soldiers in its most ancient war. What mysteries bind these extraordinary individuals? What sinister forces threaten to tear them apart? What brave new universe will they forge from blood, brawn, brains and bullets?

Discover the answers in THE WILD STORM VOL. 1, a breathtaking reimagining of one of the most influential universes in the history of comics— from the creative team of Warren Ellis (THE AUTHORITY, TRANSMETROPOLITAN) and artist Jon Davis-Hunt (CLEAN ROOM)! Collects THE WILD STORM #1-6.
Warren Ellis is a comics and graphic novel writer best known for the graphic novel series TRANSMETROPOLITAN, THE AUTHORITY and PLANETARY. With over 35 graphic novels in print, Ellis has received numerous acclaims, including winner of the International Horror Guild award for graphic narrative and being named one of Entertainment Weekly'...
Title:The Wild Storm Vol. 1Format:PaperbackDimensions:176 pages, 10.2 × 6.7 × 0.3 inPublished:October 24, 2017Publisher:DC ComicsLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1401274188

ISBN - 13:9781401274184

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 3 out of 5 by from Messy and Still Fun Ellis always brings something fun to the table and even in this hodge podge mess of a reboot I was entertained. I was never a reader of the Wildstorm universe and what I did see of it seemed like too many ideas and not enough good characters or stories. Ellis is trying to reboot it and give it some structure while capturing (what he feels) are the good parts of that Universe. Too me, an outsider, it is waaaay too confusing. Who is the bad guy? Who is the good guy? Which characters should I care about and root for and who are the bad ones. Is IO the and Miles Craven bad? Well at first they are our POV so I was thinking "no" but by the end they are firmly the "baddies". What about Stormwatch the organization in the sky? they seem pretty baddie too. So what about that dwarf Jacob Marlowe - he seems to be nice but what he is up to isn't clear. We have Angie who is the main through-line story of a girl on the run with stolen tech but even her motives are unclear. We have too many side characters who are never developed - Voodoo, Zealot, Jenny Sparks. Maybe fans of the original series are thinking these little drive by appearances are cool but as an outside I found them confusing and distracting. So a lot of bad and messy things but at the heart you still have Ellis pumping out some brilliant ideas and great dialogue. As long as I don't dwell on the mess I can enjoy this as junk food.
Date published: 2017-12-15

Editorial Reviews

"Warren Ellis is arguably the comic industry's greatest living science-fiction writer.... With its lethal, quippy protagonist, corporate espionage set-up, and well, robots, THE WILD STORM is a fine gateway drug into the Ellis oeuvre." --Paste Magazine"One of the most exciting superhero projects of this year" --A.V. Club"In many ways, the Superhero Boom began with Ellis and Wildstorm."--Vulture"THE WILD STORM doesn't read like any Wildstorm comic that's come before... it's a sci-fi-flavored espionage book, one that takes a handful of familiar faces, remixes them and generally re-imagines the Wildstorm Universe to suit a more contemporary and jaded audience." --IGN"The story is just told with scalpel-like precision and that's something of a hallmark for a good Ellis tale." --Newsarama