The Wisdom of the Eyeis a survey of the major concepts underlying many of the basic sciences related to the human eye and visual brain in one volume, using anecdotes and a minimum of highly technical language to emphasize the important points. This book presents an up-to-date treatment on how the eye and visual system work to help us see, interpret what we see, and communicate what we feel. It also examines how this description of the visual system teaches us more about ourselves.
* Written in a user-friendly style, absent of jargon
* Humanizes vision research using anecdotes
* Uses many original illustrations and examples to demonstrate concepts
* Provides a synthesis of many disciplines including ophthalmology, optometry, and basic science
* Presents the visual system consistently in the context of its survival advantages
* Covers a wide variety of topics including infant vision, adult retinal image, animal vision, eye injuries, refractive areas, the eye as a transmitter and receiver of information, optical illusions, color, visual awareness, and more