ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase. --
For the thermodynamics course in the Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering department. This text also serves as a useful reference for anyone interested in learning more about thermodynamics.
Thermodynamics: An Interactive Approach employs a layered approach that introduces the important concepts of mass, energy, and entropy early, and progressively refines them throughout the text. To create a rich learning experience for today’s thermodynamics student, this book melds traditional content with the web-based resources and learning tools of TEST: The Expert System for Thermodynamics (www.pearsonhighered.com/bhattacharjee)–an interactive platform that offers smart thermodynamic tables for property evaluation and analysis tools for mass, energy, entropy, and exergy analysis of open and closed systems.
Beside the daemons–web-based calculators with a friendly graphical interface–other useful TEST modules include an animation library, rich Internet applications (RIAs), traditional charts and tables, manual and TEST solutions of hundreds of engineering problems, and examples and problems to supplement the textbook. The book is written in a way that allows instructors to decide the extent that TEST is integrated with homework or in the classroom.
MasteringEngineering for Thermodynamics is a total learning package. This innovative online program emulates the instructor’s office—hour environment, guiding students through engineering concepts from Thermodynamics with self-paced individualized coaching.
Teaching and Learning Experience
To provide a better teaching and learning experience, for both instructors and students, this program will:
- Personalize Learning with Individualized Coaching: MasteringEngineering emulates the instructor’s office-hour environment using self-paced individualized coaching.
- Introduce Fundamental Theories Early: A layered approach introduces important concepts early, and progressively refines them in subsequent chapters to lay a foundation for true understanding.
- Engage Students with Interactive Content: To create a rich learning experience for today’s thermodynamics student, this book melds traditional content with web-based resources and learning tools.
0133807975 / 9780133807974 Thermodynamics: An Interactive Approach Plus MasteringEngineering with Pearson eText--Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0130351172 / 9780130351173 Thermodynamics: An Interactive Approach
- 0133810844 / 9780133810844 MasteringEngineering with Pearson eText-- Standalone Access Card-- for Thermodynamics: An Interactive Approach